Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh)

Talk about Adobe Acrobat PDF reader (Macintosh only) 

Keywords Adobe, Acrobat, Macintosh, HELP, Raise, without, handler, error, Reader, 9, Mac, WTF

HELP!! Raise without a handler error! Reader 9, Mac WTF!??

Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh)

AuthorMessage
David_P._Coffin (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: HELP!! Raise without a handler error! Reader 9, Mac WTF!??

Yikes! I've just finished weeks of work on my project, using Acrobat Pro 9, just tested it in Reader 9 (Mac), and it crashes on page 5 with this error:
There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit.

The page that brings this up, and all similar pages that I've tested (several out of 50+), includes buttons, links, hidden fields, and a .swf file. All work perfectly in Acrobat, and earlier tests have worked fine in Reader, and when opened from online in Safari.

Now, on the eve of the project deadline (of course), I can't get any of my versions past this error, including the local files and an uploaded sample viewed in Safari (3.1.2).

I googled the error and find nothing recent except an unresolved thread here, from 2007, that mentions Pitstop; I don't have, and have NEVER had, Pitstop.

PRAYING somebody has some clue…
Thanks!
dpc

MacPro, 10.5.4
Steve_Werner (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!! Raise without a handler error! Reader 9, Mac WTF!

It apparently can be generated with an old version of Pitstop.

But I also found this solution from another Acrobat 9 user:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b69647/0>

In the future, you might try the "forum search" feature in THIS FORUM.
David_P._Coffin (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!! Raise without a handler error! Reader 9, Mac WTF!

Thanks, Steve. Cleaning the Safari and User caches hasn't helped, so next I'll settle down with the Cocktail Help files read up on other things to try, and the possible consequences. No doubt something like this will work, since my own work-around was to log in as a different user, so it must be something in my system. I'll post back with what worked if I get it going.

btw, I did use forum search, but I was in the Reader forum at the time, so I guess I only caught the posts there…

Appreciate the help.
dc
pjonesCET (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!! Raise without a handler error! Reader 9, Mac WTF!

Try downloading and installing AppleJack instead, which only works in single user Mode (Cloverleaf-Apple key) after a restart. Follow all steps in order. Two items 3 and 4 you do for system the you be asked if you want to check individual user in those case you type Y and hit return/enter. Then you type the user directory and its run again. That way you clean caches files for system and user. Then preference files that are bad. the last is to dump memory cache files that are written to Hard drive to speed up Code access.
   Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1