Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh)

Talk about Adobe Acrobat PDF reader (Macintosh only) 

Keywords Adobe, Acrobat, Macintosh, Reverse, Page, Order, Pro, 9

How to Reverse Page Order in Acrobat Pro 9

Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh)

AuthorMessage
E_Flint (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: How to Reverse Page Order in Acrobat Pro 9

Hello Community,

I thought this would be an easy thing to do in Acrobat but so far I am finding it is not.

I am creating a PDF from multiple files, they are jpegs, and I am dragging and dropping them into the "combine files" window in the order I want them to be displayed. However Acrobat reverses this order as you put them in and then gives you no chance to switch the order. It gives you the option to move the order one by one (which is nearly impossible when the jpeg titles are img1824, img1623, etc.) so they other option is to add the files I want backwards, which my brain can not do, I like to work forwards, not backwards nor should I have to.

So once I create this backwards PDF, isn't there a way to just reverse the order of the pages? any help is appreciated.

e~
Steve_Werner (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: How to Reverse Page Order in Acrobat Pro 9

There is no command to reverse the order of the pages. It never would have occurred to me that anyone would need this command.

Why don't you just rename the files in the order you want them to be in if you have filenames like "img1824"
try67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: How to Reverse Page Order in Acrobat Pro 9

Run this from the JavaScript Console (Ctrl+J):

for (i = this.numPages - 1; i >= 0; i--) this.movePage(i);
E_Flint (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: How to Reverse Page Order in Acrobat Pro 9

thanks, I will try the JS.

as for why, I would think that Acrobat would keep the images in the order you place them in and this should not even be necessary. Before when you could create a PDF presentation in Photoshop it kept the images in the order they were added. but anyway I will just work around it.

thanks again.
   Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat (Macintosh)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1